Birth Doula Services & Pricing
Comfort and Caring for You and Your Partner
Whether you’re a first time mom or you’ve done this before, giving birth is a life changing experience. Piedmont Doulas will be there to guide you through your birth experience, from early labor until the birth of your baby! Piedmont Doulas will provide you with the personal support you deserve to help you achieve your ideal birth experience. At the hospital, your medical team will come in and out of your room providing care to you and many other patients. During labor you deserve a professional who is there just for you. Your Piedmont Doula will stay by your side holding your hand; coaching you through relaxation techniques and helping you find comfort as you welcome your little one into the world.
Prenatal Planning Sessions
Piedmont Doulas provides you with in home prenatal sessions, where we learn your preferences for labor, and how you envision your birth. We help you write a birth plan, get to know you and your partner, and allow you to feel comfortable with us. We can help answer questions you may have from your childbirth education course, or help you find a childbirth educator that would fit your needs. You want to know positions and techniques for comfort during your labor, and maybe what the hospital experience is like. We can help with all of that! Your doula will make sure you have the information you need to feel confident in your choices and nurtured, both before and during your labor.
During your labor, you can choose to have us meet you at your home and later follow you to your place of birth, or go straight to the hospital or birth center. We can help you with many of those questions that pop up during early labor, and give suggestions on how to stay comfortable as your labor progresses. During labor, we are there to help your partner help you, reminding you both of information and techniques learned and practiced earlier. You want a home like environment at the hospital? We can help with that! Need a relaxing hand or head massage? Our clients rave about our in labor massage abilities. Need to chat, laugh and be distracted? We can do that too. We make sure your partner is taken care of too, ensuring that they eat, rest, and have all the coffee they need. Your Piedmont Doula will support you both!
We visit you once again in your home, to admire your adorable newborn, discuss your birth experience, answer questions you may have about breastfeeding or other postpartum issues, and give you referrals to other professionals in the community if you need them. We have a wealth of local resources for the Winston-Salem, Greensboro and High Point areas that we can share!
Non-Judgmental Support and Assistance
You want to remember this day in a most wonderful way, and we are happy to provide you and your partner with non-judgmental support, helping you in whatever type of birth you envision for yourself.
- Having a natural birth? We can help prepare you prenatally for an un-medicated labor and offer competent hands on support during your birth.
- Preparing for a water birth? Let us help you prepare the supplies you will need, and other questions you may have about water birth. You will want to find comfortable positions for labor in the soothing, warm water, and we will assist you, while playing your favorite birth music mix in the background.
- Wanting to use medical pain relief in your labor? We fully support your choices! We will help you labor, working to bring you comfort until you receive medication. We continue to stay with you, aiding you and your partner with the rest of your labor and birth.
- Having a planned cesarean? Let us help calm your anxieties and assist you in preparing a birth plan that focuses on your experience. We can meet you before your surgery, helping you and your partner with relaxation so that you feel calm and supported. In some cases, we may even be able to join you during surgery, depending on your care provider and hospital protocol. After your baby is born, we then join you again to help establish breastfeeding, settle you in to your postpartum room, grab lunch or dinner for your partner, or stay with you while they eat or run outside to joyously call all of your friends and family and tell them your adorable baby has arrived!
Basic Birth Doula Package
- Phone and email support – We are available to answer your questions or discuss your concerns before your birth. Making sure you have the information you need when you need it is very important to us.
- Two prenatal visits in your home – We will discuss your thoughts and feelings about birth, assist you in creating a birth plan and practice relaxation techniques to use during labor.
- Access to our lending library – We have books and DVD’s we’d love to share.
- Labor and birth support -We are on call for you 24/7. Our job is to meet your needs during labor. We will join you whenever you are ready, no matter what point of labor that is, early or late. This package includes up to 18 hours of in person birth support, and $20 hour for each additional hour. There will always be a doula by your side, no matter how long or short your birth is! (For most people, we are with them an average of 15 hours) After your baby is born, we stay for 1-2 hours, and assist you with breastfeeding, answering questions, getting you settled in and taking that all important first family photo.
- One postpartum visit – We will come to your home 1-3 weeks after your birth to make sure you are getting settled into your new routine, discuss your birth experience, bring a CD of photos if we’ve taken pictures for you, and help you with any referrals to other professionals that you might need.
Birth and Postpartum Package
- Basic Birth Package – All of the services covered in the Basic Package plus more!
- 16 hours of postpartum/newborn care support -Let us help you with your birth and postpartum! This package includes not only birth doula support, but in home postpartum support too, including overnight care. We can help you adjust to your life as new parents, and provide you with rest and relaxation while you bond with your new baby. To learn more about our postpartum services, visit here
Doula Deluxe! Package
- Basic Birth Package – All of the services covered to the left plus more!
- Deluxe prenatal visit – We will cover a lot of information in our first 2 prenatal visits, but there’s always more to learn. You can use this extra prenatal visit to ask more questions, deepen your understanding of birth options, or you and your partner can get more practice using relaxation techniques. Whatever you need more of, we can tailor the deluxe prenatal visit to your needs so that you feel completely ready for your labor. If you’d like, we can even accompany you to a visit with your midwife or obstetrician.
- Deluxe postpartum visit – Your newborn is a beautiful, adorable, lovable little being-and sometimes very confusing! During this deluxe postpartum visit, we will teach you the HUG curriculum. HUG stands for Help, Understanding and Guidance. This DVD and information is amazing! Learn your newborns cues and understand your precious baby in a whole new light!